Today’s hustle and bustle makes balancing work, family, and personal obligations a challenge. Particularly on weeknights, there is rarely time for culinary inventions since it frequently feels like a race against time. But do not worry—this is where quick and simple dinner ideas may help!
Dinner should be a time to relax with loved ones, exchange memories, and enjoy a great meal. The good news is that preparing dinner doesn’t always have to involve spending hours in the kitchen. You can use these quick dinner recipes that can accommodate even the busiest of weeknights.
1. Salad with Rotisserie Chicken
This Salad with Rotisserie Chicken is a light yet satisfying meal that combines pre-cooked chicken’s convenience with the freshness of a crisp salad.
- One rotisserie chicken, shredded or sliced
- Mixed salad greens (arugula, spinach, lettuce, etc.)
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Red onion, thinly sliced
- Cucumber, sliced
- Bell peppers, sliced
- Avocado, chopped
- Croutons or roasted nuts (optional)
- Salad dressing of your choice
- Wash and dry the mixed salad greens. Transfer them into a big salad bowl.
- Add the avocado, red onion, bell peppers, cucumber, red cherry tomatoes, and cucumber.
- Add the shredded or sliced rotisserie chicken to the salad.
- If desired, sprinkle croutons or toasted nuts over the salad for added texture and flavor.
- Choose your favorite salad dressing or vinaigrette and drizzle it over the salad. Start with a little, as you can always add more to taste.
- Gently toss all the ingredients in the bowl to evenly distribute the flavors. Enjoy!
2. Slow Cooker Pepper Steak with Onion
Did you know you can make delicious pepper steak in the slow cooker? This easy-to-follow recipe will help you create a tender and flavorful dish that will leave your taste buds wanting more.
- 2 lbs. beef (cut into strips)
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 1 green and 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- ½ cup water
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. brown sugar (white sugar or honey can be used)
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- ¼ tsp. red chili flakes (optional)
- Place beef bouillon cubes in a small bowl along with water, then microwave for around 30 seconds until hot.
- Dissolve beef bouillon cubes by pressing them with a spoon in the hot water.
- Combine soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, seasonings, and cornstarch in the mixture. For added heat, you can add red chili flakes.
- Whisk the ingredients until a smooth sauce forms.
- Transfer the sauce mixture to a slow cooker.
- Lay beef strips, onions, and bell peppers evenly over the sauce.
- To serve, enjoy with sides like white rice, brown rice, spaghetti noodles, steamed veggies, or quinoa.
3. One-Pot Creamy Garlic Parmesan Pasta
On hectic weeknights, this One-Pot Creamy Garlic Parmesan Pasta is ideal for a great meal. You can quickly put up a filling and savory meal with little preparation and only one pot to clean.
- 8 ounces of pasta, fettuccine or penne
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- ½ tsp. (or more, to taste) red chili flakes
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. butter
- Fresh parsley, chopped (for decoration)
- In a large saucepan, mix the pasta, chicken or vegetable broth, heavy cream, chopped garlic, and red chili flakes. Make sure the liquid is completely covering the pasta. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Set the heat to medium-high and place the saucepan on the burner. When the mixture begins to boil, reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook the pasta for 10 to 12 minutes till the sauce thickens, stirring often to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Add the grated Parmesan cheese and butter after the pasta has been cooked to the desired softness. Keep swirling until the cheese has melted and the sauce has a creamy, smooth consistency.
- Add extra salt and pepper if necessary.
- Remove the pot from the heat.
- To add a pop of color and freshness, garnish the creamy pasta with fresh parsley.
4. Black Bean Tacos
Looking for a quick and easy dinner that is both tasty and satisfying? These Black Bean Tacos are ideal for hectic weeknights when you need something good and nutritious on the table quickly. They’re packed with protein, fiber, and vivid flavors.
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 tsp. cumin powder
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 little tortillas made of maize or flour
- Optional garnishes: lime wedges, sour cream, cilantro, diced tomatoes, avocado, and grated cheese
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan on medium heat.
- Add the bell pepper and onion. Sauté for about 3-4 minutes until the veggies become soft.
- Add the chili powder and cumin. Cook until aromatic.
- Stir in the black beans. Mix thoroughly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Warm up the tortillas while the beans are cooking.
- Once cooked, add the black beans mixture to the tortillas. Each tortilla should have a fair amount of the mixture.
- Add your preferred toppings, such as sour cream, chopped cilantro, diced tomatoes, avocado, and shredded cheese.
- Squeeze some fresh lime juice over the tacos for an additional flavor boost. Serve and enjoy!
These quick meal ideas provide easy dinner solutions for busy weeknights. From one-pot pasta to tender beef, these dishes are a saving grace for anyone looking for a satisfying dinner without spending too much time cooking.