An air fryer is one of the latest cooking appliances you can use to cook almost everything in your home. In addition, the cooking device helps you prepare healthier foods, that can help you manage your weight and live a healthier lifestyle. An air fryer uses little or no oil to cook food, and can be used to cook a wide range of low carb foods. Here are low carb air fryer recipes you should consider for a healthier lifestyle.
Air Fried Chicken and Broccoli Recipe
Air fried chicken and broccoli is a simple and one of the most loved dishes for a whole family. In just 30 minutes, this low carb meal will be ready.
- Prep Time: 8 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 28 Minutes
- 1-2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breast
- ½ pound broccoli
- ½ onion
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- ½ tbsp Salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- Cut the boneless chicken breast and broccoli into bite sized pieces, and slice the onion.
- In a large bowl, mix the pepper, soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic powder, oil and salt, and mix thoroughly to make a marinade.
- Add the chicken, onion and broccoli pieces in to the bowl with marinade. Toss the ingredients to coat the broccoli and chicken pieces with the marinade.
- Preheat your air fryer at 380 degrees F for 3 minutes. Put the coated chicken and broccoli pieces in the air fryer basket and return it into the air fryer.
- Set the cooking temperatures at 380 degrees and time at 20 minutes. Start the cooking. At half way (10 minutes), pause the cooking to shake or toss. This allows everything to cook evenly. Then, continue cooking.
- When time is up, check if everything is ready. If not, cook for additional 5 minutes and everything will be done. Then serve.
Note: This is for one round in the air fryer, you can cook several rounds to satisfy your family.
Read also: Ninja Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Steak Bites and Mushroom Recipe
A simple, tasty and healthy low carb meal you can prepare in minutes using your air fryer. Very simple, you have to try this!
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Minutes: 20 Minutes
- 1-2 pounds Sirloin filet
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 ounces of mushroom
- 1 tbsp seasoning of your choice
- Cut the sirloin filet into beef cubes and mushroom in half or in thirds depending on size.
- Sprinkle olive oil over the beef cubes and toss to coat. Then, toss with the seasoning you picked.
- Preheat your air fryer at 390 degrees F for 3 minutes. Remove the air fryer basket, put in the seasoned beef cubes and mushroom pieces, shake, and reinsert it back to the unit.
- Set the cooking temperature to 390 degrees and timer for 15 minutes. Press start button.
- After 5 minutes, you should pause to shake the cooking basket. Do that again at the 10 minutes. This ensures the beef cubes and mushrooms cook evenly. The low carb meal will be ready at 15 minutes. If the internal temperature of the beef is 145 degrees F, the beef is ready, if the lower than that, cook for additional three minutes.
- When done, let the meal rest for some minutes before you serve.
Note: The ingredients above are for one round in the air fryer. You can cook for several rounds as you wish.
Air Fryer Turkey Breast Recipe
The turkey breast will take a little longer in an air fryer compared to the other recipes, but very healthy, juicy and delicious.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 Minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- 4-pound turkey breast (no ribs)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp seasoning – your choice
- Brush the turkey breast with olive oil. Then, season with salt and seasonings of your choice.
- Preheat the air fryer at 350 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Place the turkey breast with skin side down on the air fryer basket. Cook at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, then turn the breast and cook for another 20 minutes. Pause and check the progress. Cook for another 15 minutes. The turkey will be ready if the internal temperature of the breast is 165 degrees F. If the temperature is below that, cook for additional minutes until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 165F.
- Serve and enjoy!
For a healthy lifestyle, you need to incorporate low carb diets in your meal plan. You should consider the above low carb air fryer recipes to make healthier meals. That way, you will not only enjoy tasty meals, but also healthy ones, for a healthy lifestyle.