Ninja Air Fryer is one of the best air fryers you can use to prepare healthier meals for breakfast, lunch or dinner. You can cook almost everything using the air fryer, ranging from chicken to vegetables. In addition to that, the cooking appliance is highly versatile as it can air fry, roast and grill. To help you get the best out of your Ninja Foodi Air Fryer, here are the best Ninja air fryer recipes you need try, including how to clean Ninja Air Fryer.
Ninja Air Fryer Whole Chicken
One of the best meals you can prepare using your Ninja air fryer chicken. But, you must learn how to cook a whole chicken in a Ninja Air fryer for a tasty, tender chicken meal. Also, you must pick the right size of the chicken (4.5 to 5lbs), and use the right seasonings. In addition, you must stick to the recipe for best results.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Whole chicken – 4.5 lbs.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Wash your chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
- If your air fryer was in store, you should clean it. Will provide information on how to clean Ninja Foodi Air Fryer lid and the whole air fryer later.
- When the air fryer is clean and meat is dry, the next thing is to sprinkle the chicken with olive oil.
- Mix the black pepper powder, garlic powder, salt and any other spice of your choice in a bowl. Then sprinkle the seasoning mixture evenly over the chicken.
- Preheat your air fryer: Do you know how to preheat Ninja Foodi Air Fryer? It’s pretty simple, just set the temperature to 360 degrees F and time to 5 minutes, and press Start/Pause button (assuming the air fryer is on). When done the air fryer will beep and indicate ‘Ready’ on the screen.
- Place your whole chicken with the breast side facing up in the air fryer basket. Return the air fryer basket into the air fryer and close the lid.
- Set the cooking temperatures at 360 degrees F for 30 minutes. Open to check the progress after the 30 minutes are over. Then reset to 360 degrees F for another 30 minutes. When the time is up, remove your chicken, let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Read also: Healthy Low Carb Air Fryer Recipes
Ninja Air Fryer French Fries
French fries can go well with your tasty, tender chicken. In just a few minutes, you can prepare French fries using your Ninja Air Fryer. Here is the procedure.
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon of ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- Potato slices
- Soak your potatoes slices in water for at least 30 minutes to remove excess starch. After that, pat dry the slices with paper towels, and put them in a bowl.
- Sprinkle the olive oil over the slices, then sprinkle black pepper, salt or any other spice you like and toss to evenly cover the slices with your spices and oil.
- Preheat your air fryer at 390 degrees F for 3 minutes. Remove the air fryer basket, put your potato slices in the air fryer basket and reinsert it back into the air fryer.
- Set the cooking temperature to 390 degrees F and set time to 25 minutes. Press Start/Pause button.
- At 10 minutes, press Start/Pause button to pause the cooking, remove the basket and shake the fries. Return the basket and press the same button to continue cooking. At 20 minutes, pause the cooking, remove the basket, shake the fries and reinsert it back into the unit, and press Start/Pause button. Continue cooking until the timer stops.
- When done, serve immediately with your chicken.
Ninja Air Fryer Brussel Spouts
If you don’t want to have your chicken with French fries, you can try Brussel sprouts. In just 20 minutes, the sprouts will be ready to serve with your chicken.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 20 Minutes
- 1.5 lbs Brussel sprouts – sliced lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 fresh lemon, squeezed
- Get your Brussel sprouts, cut the ends and slice them in half lengthwise. Put them in a bowl.
- Add olive oil and toss. Then add garlic salt, chili powder, squeeze your lemon and toss to evenly cover the Brussel sprouts with these ingredients.
- Preheat your Ninja Foodi Air Fryer at 390 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes.
- Put the seasoned Brussel sprouts into the air fryer basket and close the Ninja Foodi lid. Set the temperatures to 390 degrees and time to 15 minutes, and start cooking. After every 5 minutes, flip the pieces to allow them to cook evenly.
- When the time is up, pour the ready Brussel sprouts on a plate. They are ready to serve with your chicken.
How to Clean Your ninja Foodi Air Fryer
After knowing how to cook a whole chicken in a Ninja Air Fryer, you need to learn how to clean Ninja Foodi Air Fryer lid, and the whole unit. Cleaning the air fryer will ensure that the device lasts long, and performs at the highest level. Here is the procedure;
First, boil some water in the air fryer with the lid open. When the water boils, close the lid and set the temperature at 400 degrees for 5 minutes and press start. When the timer stops, let the air fryer remain closed for some time so that the grime on the lid can loosen up for easy cleaning. When the lid has cooled down, use a gentle scrubber or wash cloth to clean the lid. To clean hard to reach areas use a wire brush. This removes all the grime. Be gentle not to destroy the fan and other features on the lid.
In addition, use damp cloth to clean and wipe the interior and exterior of the air fryer. Never immerse the base in water. For air fryer basket, skewers, drip tray, rack and other removable accessories of the air fryer, clean them using soapy water and washing cloth, and rinse with clean water. That is how you to clean the Ninja Foodi Air Fryer.
With the above Ninja Air Fryer recipes, you can make a delicious, tender and juicy chicken and French fries or Brussels sprouts as a side dish, using your air fryer. Using the Ninja Foodi Air Fryer is simple, and it will take just a few minutes to make that lunch or dinner. Try the recipes, and you will like the results.