Once in a while, you should prepare a delicious meaty dish for you and the entire family. You can choose hamburgers, but if that is not your first choice, Salisbury steak is a better alternative. Salisbury steak is a healthy dish that consists of seasoned ground beef patties and flavorful gravy. If you want to make a delicious Salisbury steak meal, you need to have a good recipe. Here is a Bobby Flay Salisbury steak recipe you can try.
Bobby Flay Salisbury Steak Recipe
This is one of the easiest meaty dishes you can make for your family while at home. In only a few minutes, your delicious meal will be ready and the entire family will love it.
Ready in: 40 minutes
Calories: 439 Kcal
For beef patties
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- Pepper and salt to taste
- Vegetable oil
- ½ onion (sliced)
- 1 cup of broth
- 1 tsp Worcestershire
- 1 tbsp tomato sauce
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- 5 oz mushrooms
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
Making beef patties
- Add ground beef, breadcrumbs, garlic, grated parmesan, pepper and salt in a large mixing bowl. Beat the egg into the mixture and mix thoroughly using your fingers. Mix until the mixture becomes thick and a bit pasty.
- Divide the mixture in 4 portions to make oval patties (3/4” thick)
- Heat oil in a skillet until it begins to simmer. Add the patties and cook for 8-9 minutes. Make sure you turn the patties after 3-4 minutes to ensure they cook evenly on both sides.
- Once ready, remove and place on a plate.
Related: Healthy Dash Air Fryer Recipes
- Reduce the heat to medium and add sliced mushrooms and onions in the same skillet. Cook for at least 4 minutes.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, beef broth and tomato sauce. To cook well, reduce the heat and cook or simmer for approximately 3 minutes.
- Add heavy cream to the mixture and simmer for 2-3 minutes until the mixture is slightly thickened. Add pepper and salt to taste.
- Add the patties to the skillet and make sure you spoon the sauce over the patties.
- Once done, remove the patties and place them on a plate. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve your meal.
- Use lean ground steak for excellent results.
- After using this authentic Salisbury steak recipe, you should cook the best side dish to enjoy to the fullest. The meaty dish goes well with mashed potatoes, roasted veggies, steamed broccoli, or salad.
Why is my Bobby Flay Salisbury steak tough?
Chances are that you mixed too much when making your ground beef mixture. When you overwork your beef mixture, it will become more compact, and that will lead to a tough steak at the end.
Any difference between Salisbury steak and hamburger steak?
Yes, there is a difference. Salisbury steak is made of ground beef but has more fillers like eggs, onions, breadcrumbs and can be served with veggies or mashed potatoes. On the other hand, hamburger steak mainly contains ground meat, pepper and salt, and served with bread or bun.
If you want to make a delicious meaty dish, the above Bobby Flay Salisbury steak recipe is what you need. As you have seen, the recipe is easy to make and will result to a juicy, tasty, and well-seasoned meal the whole family will like and enjoy. Try it, and you will not be disappointed.