May be you’ve have been making banana bread at home for your family, and it’s time to take it a notch higher. If your family craves for a delicious chocolate meal, you can prepare chocolate chip banana bread for them. The dish is easy to make when you follow the right chocolate chip banana bread recipe. Try the following recipe, and you will love the end product.
Ingredients to Consider for Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe
This recipe is one of a kind as it requires you to have very ripe bananas. You also need to have some eggs, butter, sugar, and most importantly, chocolate chips for the flavor. It’s advisable to use ingredients at room temperature, not frozen. If you use frozen ingredients, you are likely to get undesired results at the end.
The best chocolate chip banana bread recipe
As you know there are many top chefs out there who have shared their tips and recipes to make chocolate chip banana bread. However, when you look at many recipes on different cookbooks, you are likely to get confused. You don’t have to worry about that as the following banana bread chocolate chip recipe is one of the best.
Related: Bobby Flay Salisbury Steak Recipe
Making Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 15 Minutes
Servings: 10 Slices
Calories: 350 Kcal
- ½ cup butter (unsalted and softened)
- 2/3 cup sugar (granulated)
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F, and oil or grease the loaf pan.
- Combine baking soda, flour, and salt in a large bowl. In another bowl, mix mashed bananas, milk and vanilla extract. In the third bowl, add butter and mix with sugar. Then add the eggs, and whisk well to mix thoroughly.
- Add the banana mixture into the butter mixture, and stir to mix. Stir in the flour mixture until well blended. Fold in the semisweet chocolate chips, and transfer the whole batter in to the greased loaf pan.
- Put the loaf pan into the preheated oven and cook for approximately one hour. Insert a toothpick into the center of the banana bread, and when it comes out clean, know that your chocolate chip banana bread is ready.
- Take your time when mixing the ingredients for the banana chocolate chip bread recipe, as that will determine how the bread tastes and cooks. Remember that the bread needs some texture, hence let the batter have some lumps of banana.
- For the best taste, carefully choose the best banana bread recipe chocolate chip. When you choose the right chocolate chips, you will like the resulting bread.
Why does my chocolate chip banana bread taste rubbery?
When you overwork or overmix your banana bread batter, more gluten will develop in the bread, and that will make it chewy and rubbery. Therefore, if you want a tender, soft bread, don’t overmix your bread batter.
Why do I have to use very ripe bananas?
First, very ripe bananas are easy to mash and combine with other ingredients for the banana bread recipe chocolate chip. It also allows you to make use of the old overripe bananas instead of throwing them away.
If you have never prepared this chocolate banana bread, you should try it today. As you have noticed, the chocolate chip banana bread recipe is easy, and you will make a moist, tasty banana bread to enjoy with your family. You can prepare the bread once in a while for breakfast or as a desert.